Great duplex apartments in Chistau Valley, Huesca, Pyrenees.
Spacious apartments with full kitchen, living room with balcony and great views of the “Valle de Chistau”, one of the most amazing spots in The Pyrenees. Opened in 2005, everything looks very new and neat.
We found peace, comfort and friendship. Sara and his husband were incredibly friendly and nice, explaining to us many interesting things to do in the area. Short and long walks, viewpoints, restaurants, etc.
Saravillo is small and charming (like almost all villages around). Houses in the middle of the mountain overlooking the stunning Chistau Valley. Narrow streets and beautiful houses. There are just few services, but you’ll find many others in the villages around. Chistau Valley is formed by Saravillo, Plan, San Juan de Plan, Gistain, Señes, Sin and Serveto. You can see them all in a single day, enjoying views, fresh air, Cinqueta river and beautiful paths, like the one that starts in San Juan de Plan and the Sinners Bridge (Puente de los Pecadores).
Saravillo has a population of 90 people. They live from animal husbandry. There is a nice local cheese factory. Peace, quietness and nature.
The apartments are all located in a big house in the middle part of Saravillo. Nothing blocks the view, so all the apartments have really good ones. As you enter the village, you’ll see a sign that guides to the apartments.
The atmosphere is very warm and relaxed. In November, the beauty of the area suggests many positive thoughts and feelings. You can smell the smoke from the fireplaces when you walk around, see the lights inside of the houses and feel happy of having the same feeling inside your apartment. Feeling like home is very easy, as you have privacy, space and full equipped accommodation.
I loved the wood ceilings with old original beams and windows to see the environment. Don’t forget that you are in one of the most incredible places of Spain: nature, beauty, sports, historical villages and very nice people.
These apartments are ideal for families and groups, as you can rent the whole house. There is a beautiful living room in the entrance with a big fireplace, sofas, tables and chairs that all guests can use. Sara told us that many groups rent all apartments and use this living room for meals and long conversations.
If you’re planning to go with your couple, Apartamentos Fogaron are really great too. I went with my girlfriend and enjoyed so much space and comfort. It was very romantic, especially our bedroom, with wood ceilings and a big window with views.
5 duplex apartments, almost identical except for little decoration details as lights and colors. In the first floor, an open kitchen with fridge, oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine. I want to insist in the fact of feeling like home. Everything is placed where it’s supposed to be, and it was very easy to start acting like of we were at our own house.
Big sofa, with table and flat TV screen. A little table next to the kitchen and another one in the middle of the space between the kitchen and the living room. Many spots to sit and relax. We did not use them all as we were just two, but I guess these apartments are perfect for 4-6 people.
Nice wood stairs will guide you upstairs. A main bedroom with its own TV, wardrobe and drawers. A nice bathroom and another bedroom with two individual beds. Same atmosphere. Warm lighting, nice windows and great views.
Free wi-fi and private garage for the guests.
Many activities in the area, specially interesting those related to the mountain, hiking, water activities and birds sighting. There are many incredibly beautiful routes for all ages and people. Ask Sara and her family to find the excursion that fits your needs. Following, some of the must do:
- Cinqueta and Cinca rivers.
- Bruno Fierro Museum (discover the history of a peculiar priest).
- Aínsa (medieval village with good restaurants and museums) .
- Plan, San Juan de Plan and Bielsa.
- Poset Maladeta Natural Park (access from San Juan de Plan and Gistain).
- Basa de La Mora (spectacular lake between the mountains. You can go by car or walking through GR15 path from Saravillo).
- Pico de Cotiella at 2940 meters (walking from Saravillo – long but beautiful excursion).
- Cañón de Añisclo and access to Ordesa National Park. From the parking lot at Añisclo we can also visit the beautiful “Ermita de San Urbez” (San Urbez hermitage). Is just a 30 minute walk.
- Hospital de Tella and Revilla (villages), access to viewpoints (Los Miradores). A 1 hour walk to see the “Garganta de Escuain). After that, go to Tella and do the “3 hermitages route”, a 45 minutes circular route. Las Brujas Museum and the Bear Cave are in Tella too.
- Bielsa and the last Ordesa National Park entrance. Llanos de Larri (1 hour).
- El Chorro de Fornos from Badaín (3 hours).
- Ski slopes in France are very close (Piau Engali).
- Loudenvielle Valley in France, a very nice area with a thermal resort.
- Birds sighting such as eagles, vultures and ospreys
- Water sports and activities such as rafting and canyoning
Apartment 4-6 people: 70 – 100 €